Jun 13, 2010

Cat Tree - An Update



While visiting Walla Walla, I had the joy of exploring the Meri's near-acre garden. She generously let me run loose about the yard and have access to all of her tools. In my explorations, I found a large, dead willow branch with the most beautiful bends and folds.


This, I decided, is to be the Animal's new cat tree; I finally (not to mention, legally) found an inexpensive solution to a cat tree that she and I can both find attractive!


I stripped and sanded it, and then used some of the steel wool restoration techniques I picked up from an article on Apartment Therapy.


I also rubbed a light finishing oil already prepared by Meri.


1/3 Tung Oil
1/3 Lemon Oil
1/3 Polyurathane



RESULT:

I'm not quite sure how it will ultimately fit in our space, but currently it is acting as a "staircase" up to the Animal's plush spot on top of our bedroom cabinet.