May 21, 2010

Bengal Cat : Breeders in Seattle, WA

Ever since Matsu (a.k.a. The Animal) came into our lives, I've become a HUGE fan of Bengal cats.


While searching for a little cat, I had trouble at first finding a reputable breeder. I've therefore compiled a list of the local breeders in the Seattle and surrounding area:


SNOWYSPOTS BENGALS Monroe, WA
Matsu was born here and I can't say enough great things about Julie and Darrin. The cats are raised underfoot and are very well behaved and socialized.

BENGAL FLATS OF WASHINGTON
EPSILON BENGALS - Matsu's sire lives here! 
DREAMQUEST BENGALS
ABSOLUTELY OF WASHINGTON
TOUGH AND MIGHTY BENGALS
AVANTI BENGALS OF WASHINGTON
ENCORE BENGALS OF WASHINGTON
BELLA BENGALS OF WASHINGTON
JAVAJUNGLE BENGALS OF WASHINGTON 

 (Assembled from www.bengalcats.com)

I also recommend looking into the Bengal Rescue Network as well as local purebred rescue shelters such as CPR in the Pacific Northwest.

Finally, PLEASE crosscheck your potential bengal source with The International Bengal Cat Society's Disciplinary List. This list provides information about breeders who have been suspended or banned from TIBCS due to negligence or dubious business practices.