A fun proposition came my way about a month ago:
A dear friend of mine told me about naming the ego part of her personality 'Heidi'. Heidi, she said, loves to put off her responsibilities in order to go on adventures outdoors and hike about mountains, even when her spiritual self reminds her that it's important to stay grounded and address responsibilities for her own growth as a person.
This exercise made me think about my own Ego's "name"- the part of me that would prefer to shrug off responsibilities in order to pursue immediate passions and interests. After a bit of soul-searching, per say, I found Jackie.
Meet Jill:
- Striving for spiritual wholeness
- contemplative, empathetic
- I know that there is something greater than a 9-5 job and making rent.
- My utmost joy is communing with and attending to those I love.
- To the detriment sometimes of attending to myself and my passions
Meet Jackie:
- I want nothing more than to tinker and learn new skills.
- Building, arranging, inventing
- Gutsy, creative, determined
- To the detriment of my relationships with others, sometimes, and even with myself.
Together:
- Curious, thoughtful team.
- Jackie strives to meet Jill's craving for "Nurture Structure" and Jill works to live hand-in-hand with Jackie, even when she forgets about everything except satisfying her curiosity.
- Nurturing Structure
One thing that Jackie and I can agree upon wholeheartedly is our craving for an organic, ego-spirit balance.
This blog narrates our projects and discoveries on the journey to achieve this hand-in-hand partnership- this fluid and flexible balance within.